This is a well-known scrum game that's been around for a while already. But is one of the games that everytime it is played, it is played differently.
How we did it
- Grooming and Planning took 3 minutes each
- Sprints were of "2 days", every day lasting 5 minutes
- And every day we had a quick daily (1 additional minute)
- At the end of the Sprint, we had the review 3 minutes
- The Retro: 2 minutes (so they could identify some improvements and actions)
- And then we started with the next Sprint
- Starting a project from scratch in Scrum is a challenge when you are not used to the methodology
- You can define unclear USs and then reject the Increment to make them aware that they have to clarify stuff before committing to it (or either reject it)
- Time is short, so the team has to really learn quickly to work together and self-organize
- It is very interesting to see how they create actions in the retrospective, and even, given the time constraint, invest time on improvements that finally pay off!
- In this concrete case, they even asked to adjust the length of the Sprint to be more efficient.
About Nereo Lopez
Hi, this is Nereo. I've spent my first professional years as .Net Software Engineer, and then moved more into Agile Methodologies. Anyway, I keep playing with all the new technologies that appear, and specially love Hybrid Apps!